Hmmm, there was a problem with replication where it would do a full
copy unnecessarily that was fixed in 4.2 (I think). Frankly I don't
quite know whether it was a problem with 4.0.

It's also possible that your servlet containers have a short enough
timeout that you're occasionally just getting connection timeouts, so
lengthening that interval might be worthwhile, but that's a stab in
the dark.

Best
Erick