Hi,

I just looked at SPM monitoring we have for Solr servers that run
search-lucene.com.  One of them has 1-2 collections/minute.  Another
one closer to 10.  These are both small servers with small JVM heaps.
Here is a graph of one of them:

https://apps.sematext.com/spm/s/104ppwguao

Just looked at some other Java servers we have running, not Solr, and
I see close to 60 small collections per minute.

So these numbers will vary a lot depending on the heap size and other
JVM settings, as well as the actual code/usage. :)

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/