Thanks for the replies. It is really appreciated.

Based on the replies it seems like upgrading to the latest version of Solr
is something that will probably resolve this issue.

We are also update quite frequently. We update every 5 minutes. We will try
and set this to higher interval and see if that helps.

We will also try increasing the servlet timeout and see if that resolves the
issue.

Among the other suggestions we already tried increasing the zkClientTimeout
from 15 seconds to 30 seconds but that didn't seem to help. What do you
recommend is a good value to try?

Few more details about our system:
we are running this on a system with 16GB of RAM. We are using 64 bit server
and we also use SSD disks.

Also, since we are already using 4.0 in our production environment with the
aforementioned 3 servers setup, how should we go about upgrading to the
latest version (4.3)? Do we need to do a full reindex of our data or is the
index compatible between these versions?

We will try out the suggestions and will post later if any of them help us
resolve the issue.

Again, thanks for the reply.