Aloke,

It may be best to simply run a query to populate the suggestion list.  While
not as fast as the terms component (and suggester offshoots) it can still be
tuned to be very, very fast.

In this way, you can generate any fq/q combination required to meet your needs.
 You can play with wildcard searches, or better yet NGram (EdgeNGram) behavior
to get the right suggestion data back.

I would suggest an additional core to accomplish this (fed via replication) to
avoid cache entry collision with your normal queries.

Hope that's useful to you.

Jason