Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:21 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding pdf/word file using JSON/XML

1) Being aggressive and insulting is not a way to help people understand
such complex tool or to help people in general.

2) I read again the feature page of Solr and it is stated that the
interface is REST-like and not RESTful as I though in the first place, and
communicate to the devs. And as the devs told me a RESTful interface
doesn't use parameters in the URI/URL, so ii is my mistake. Hence we have
no problem with the interface as it is.

Any way I still have a question regarding the /extract interface. It seems
that every time a file is updated in Solr, the lucene document is recreated
from scratch which means that any extra information we want to be
indexed/stored along the file is erased if the request doesn't contains
them. Is there a parameter that allow changing that behaviour?

Regards,

Roland.