Hello,

I’m attempting to figure out what’s required for my Solr implementation to
dynamically create new cores based on a template set of config files.

My plan is to use this “template” directory as the instance directory for
multiple cores, while maintaining a separate data directory for each core.

I’ve found that when I issue a CREATE command via the CoreAdmin handler,
everything seems to work fine; however, once Solr is restarted, those cores
that were created start using the default dataDir (i.e.
<instanceDir>/data).

It appears that the dataDir attribute is being applied when the core is
initially created, but it isn’t actually being persisted in the solr.xml
file along with the other core information.

Am I missing something on how I should be using this particular property?

Thanks in advance!