Hi,

I just noticed (after long time testing and finally looking into the docu :p) that the ngroups parameter does not show the correct number of groups when used in anything else than a single shard environment (in my case SolrCloud).

Is there another way to get the amount of all groups without iterating through alot of resultsets? I dont need the values of the grouping. I just need the complete number of groups.

Or can this be done with facets maybe?
I dont need to to use grouping but as far as I know I cant get the complete amount of facets without iterating through the resultsets. So this seemed to me the only way to achieve something equal to a distinct count in sql.

any ideas how this can be done with solr?

Thanks,
Markus