Search this mailing list and you will find a very long discussion about the
terminology and confusion around it.My contribution to that was the crude
picture trying to explain it: http://bit.ly/1aqohUf . Maybe it will help.

If you don't want longer URL, do use solr.xml and use @adminPath and
@defaultCoreName
parameters. But you don't need the rest.

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)