From:   Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
To:     solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Date:   16.10.2013 07:37
Subject:        Re: Regarding Solr Cloud issue...

I'm sorry I am not able to reproduce this issue.

I started 5 solr-4.4 instances.
I copied example directory into example1, example2, example3 and example4
cd example; java -Dbootstrap_confdir=./solr/collection1/conf
-Dcollection.configName=myconf -DzkRun -DnumShards=1 -jar start.jar
cd example1; java -Djetty.port=7574 -DzkHost=localhost:9983 -jar start.jar
cd example2; java -Djetty.port=7575 -DzkHost=localhost:9983 -jar start.jar
cd example3; java -Djetty.port=7576 -DzkHost=localhost:9983 -jar start.jar
cd example4; java -Djetty.port=7577 -DzkHost=localhost:9983 -jar start.jar

After that I invoked:
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=mycollection51&numShards=5&replicationFactor=1

I can see all shards having non-null ranges in clusterstate.

http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=mycollection&numShards=5&replicationFactor=1

http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=mycollection&numShards=3&replicationFactor=4

> Please advice.
>
> Regards,
> Chris
>

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <
> shalinman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How did you create these shards? Can you tell us how to reproduce the
> > issue?
> >
> > Any shard in a collection with compositeId router should never have
null
> > ranges.
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Chris <christu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am using solr 4.4 as cloud. while creating shards i see that the
last
> > > shard has range of "null". i am not sure if this is a bug.
> > >
> > > I am stuck with having null value for the range in clusterstate.json
> > > (attached below)
> > >
> > > "shard5":{ "range":null, "state":"active",
"replicas":{"core_node1":{

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.