Thanks, I agree this powerful stuff. One of the reasons that I haven't
gotten back to pluggable collectors is that I've been using PostFilters
instead.

When you start doing stuff with scores in postfilters you'll run into the
bug in SOLR-5416. This will effect you when you use facets in combination
with the QueryResultCache or tag and exclude faceting.

The patch in SOLR-5416 resolves this issue. You'll just need your
PostFilter to implement ScoreFilter and the SolrIndexSearcher will know how
to handle things.

The DelegatingCollector.finish() method is so new, these kinds of bugs are
still being cleaned out of the system. SOLR-5416 should be in Solr 4.7.