Any suggestions?

Zitat von m...@preselect-media.com:

Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>:
On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM,  <m...@preselect-media.com> wrote:
Is there any workaround to perform atomic updates on blocks or do I have to
re-index the parent document and all its children always again if I want to
update a field?

The latter, unfortunately.

Is there any plan to change this behavior in near future?

So, I'm thinking of alternatives without loosing the benefit of block join.
I try to explain an idea I just thought about:

Let's say I have a parent document A with a number of fields I want to update regularly and a number of child documents AC_1 ... AC_n which are only indexed once and aren't going to change anymore. So, if I index A and AC_* in a block and I update A, the block is gone. But if I create an additional document AF which only contains something like an foreign key to A and indexing AF + AC_* as a block (not A + AC_* anymore), could I perform a {!parent ... } query on AF + AC_* and make an join from the results to get A?
Does this makes any sense and is it even possible? ;-)
And if it's possible, how can I do it?

Thanks,
- Moritz