Am 27.02.2014 09:15, schrieb Shawn Heisey:
On 2/27/2014 12:49 AM, Thomas Scheffler wrote:
What problems have you seen with mixing 4.6.0 and 4.6.1?  It's possible
that I'm completely ignorant here, but I have not heard of any.

Actually bug reports arrive me that sound like

"Unknown type 19"

Aha!  I found it!  It was caused by the change applied for SOLR-5658,
fixed in 4.7.0 (just released) by SOLR-5762.  Just my luck that there's
a bug bad enough to contradict what I told you.

I've added a comment that will help users find SOLR-5762 with a search
for "Unknown type 19".

If you use SolrJ 4.7.0, compatibility should be better.

Hi,

I am sorry to inform you that SolrJ 4.7.0 face the same issue with SOLR 4.5.1. I received a client stack trace this morning and still waiting for a Log-Output from the Server:

------
ERROR unable to submit tasks
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
Unknown type 19
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:495)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:199)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:117)
------

There is not much information in that Stacktrace, I know.
I'll send further information, when I receive more. In the mean time I asked our customer not to upgrade the SOLR server to resolve the issue. So we could dig deeper.

kind regards,

Thomas