Yes, it's with the standard battery (6 cells, I believe). Using the intel GPU it gets up to 5-6 hours (which I rarely do, since at home I want to use the HDMI-port without rebooting)
Have you ever cleaned the dust off from your CPU fan? After 2 years I realized the CPU temperature never fell under 60°C and the fan was always spinning at high rates (and quite noisy). After taking apart and cleaning the whole computer from dust, the temperature is now always around 40°C, the fan stops quite often (and is otherwise very quiet). But the most important thing: battery life increased about 30 minutes at least. good luck, Carlchristian On 13.08.2011 00:21, Simon Brown wrote: > At Fri, 12 Aug 2011 23:49:26 +0200, > Carlchristian Eckert wrote: >> I can report everything working without any problems. Finally the great >> battery care feature, thanks a lot for this! >> >> Currently battery life is about 4-5 hours with the nvidia-card, full >> brightness (doing websurfing, spreadsheets, etc.) >> >> (Running Arch Linux with the 3.0 kernel on a VGN-Z21VN, Static switching >> between the graphics card through an unlocked bios) > > Is that with the standard battery? I struggle to get more than 4 hours > out of my VPC-Z12 with the intel GPU, standard battery and static > switching. > > Simon _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

