Hi all,

We'd like to clarify a situation you might be aware of, that was
brought on, frankly, by the random actions of one person.

Following some agitated discussions, Arc Riley has decided to fork
Soya3D, and to retain the rights to the soya3d.org domain, against the
will of the Soya3D developers and users. Despite allegations to the
contrary by Arc and his soya3d.org placeholder, it seems that his
action is isolated, rather than a concerted move by many.

The developers who have contributed code to the project, the packagers
for the various distros Soya3D supports, and most of the users and
enthusiasts we've had a chance to chat with have not followed this
fork, and disagree with Arc's reasons for going solo.

I'll post a followup mail with more of the gory details in a moment,
for those who care.  In the meantime, please rest assured that Soya3D
is still very much alive and active, and that this fork is merely a PR
headache for the project, rather than a jeopardizing blow.

- Jiba and Dave, for Soya3D.