On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 18:50:34 +0300
snaipperi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I did some tracing here, and the crash occurs when
> "terrain_drawColor(ccc)" is called in terrain.pyx. If I understood it
> right, that function is basically just an alias for an OpenGL
> function.. so could the problem be my opengl library?
>
> O, and if I try to compile without adding "OpenGL" to the libraries in
> setup.py, I get loads of "undefined refernece to 'glEnable'" (and all
> other gl functions) errors.
>
> So far i've used the one that comes with MinGW, "libopengl32.a"
> I also tried a mesa library I found, "OpenGL32.lib", but it crashed
> after saying
> "* Soya * Using 16 bits stencil buffer"
>
> And finally I tried to use "libgl.a" from my ubuntu, but it was the
> same as not using anything. Loads of undefined references.
>
> But thats about it, am I in a dead end?
> snaip

There might be an invalid memory write in set_material_layer, that causes a
"random C error" ; I've checked for such error but I haven't found anything.

I think you should try to replace "terrain_drawColor" by "glColor4fv",
"terrain_disableColor" by "noop" and "terrain_enableColor" by "noop"; these
aliases were created for a workaround for a bug in some (linux) 3D driver and
i'm not sure they are still needed.

You should also check whether the land-1.py tutorial works with Thomas Paviot's
Soya package for windows; i know he does a good job at compiling Soya under
this OS.

Jiba