Not sure if it'd be worth it, but Blender has pretty excellent mirroring
support, if you don't mind importing your models into that (it's free
software, so, that's not so bad).  The newest version has a pretty great
modifier stack for its meshes, so you should be able to "virtually"
mirror your mesh, rig it up, and then export the whole thing to Soya.

I know I've seen tutorials on it, but I'm too harried at the moment to
look them up.

-Mike