is there anything special beyond putting the fonts into my project's
data/fonts/ directory for this to work?

The error persists on one of my debian machines, after copying
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/freefont/FreeSans.ttf to project's
data/fonts/ folder...

print soya.pudding.sysfont.get_fonts()
returns [None] still, and pudding.init() still crashes, same error.

Do I need to specify to use an alternative font in some way?  I
couldn't find anything in the pudding examples.

On 6/25/07, Greg Ewing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> marmoute wrote:
>
> > a simple workaround is to add
> > Freesan.tff (or any other font you wanna use) to the ./data/fonts/
> > directory of your project.
>
> I find it's always a good idea to include my own fonts
> when using either soya or pygame. It's just too random
> whether a given system will have a suitable default
> font or will be able to find a default font at all.
>
> --
> Greg

This email message is public domain.  Have a nice day! ^_^