On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 08:15:17PM +0100, Samarth Agarwal wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am here to inform you that soya3d is not getting to be used to it's full
> potential,beacuse of GPL

I think you pin-point the very main issue of soya3d: It's licence choice.

> it does not allow commercial products without giving users the source code
> I would suggest you move to the LGPL
> BEACAUSE:
>
> 1.If they make soya3d better they will be forced to realease it to the open
> source comunity
>
> 2. more users will use it
>
> 3.GPL is not open source

Of course it is! There is event open source licence which are not free software
according to FSF definition of Free Software.

You may argue with this definition of Free Software from the FSF but any code
dumped to anyone with any licence is Open-Source.

> I would recommend the MIT license for any libraries as it is truley open
> source

You recommend LGPL or MIT, make your mind.

> bye!
> Samarth AGARWAL

Ok, I suggest you to go straight to you point:

Do you represent a entity which would like to use soya3d engine in a commercial
product?

If so, what are this product and what kind of contribution could be expect from
you?

Sincerely

--
Pierre-Yves David