On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:57:02 +0530
"tushar ahuja" <tushar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Thanks for the link .We have started the installation for creating a
> devel environment on Red-Hat5.
>
> These are the Steps which we have used :-
>
> 1)We have installed spacewalk using rmp (yum install spacewalk)

Was this spacewalk 0.3 you installed?

> 2)at the time of configuration (spacewalk-setup --disconnected), we
> found tomcat failed to start just before the installation ,but
> somehow we found the solution and fix it.
> 3)we opened  GUI interface (https://localhost.localdomain) and
> created a administrator user and password wow :-)
> 4) we installed/configured git(using rpm) and also clone the spacewalk
> repository  successfully
> 5)Now at the time of installation "WEB APPLICATION" ,we performed all
> the Steps mentioned in the wiki successfully.
>
> But whenever i am trying to  open browser for spacewalk server(
> https://localhost.localdomain)
>  i am getting this error message
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>
> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
> ------------------------------
> Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 80
>
> it look like a Apache issue but i am not able to solve it.
>
> Any idea how to solve this ?

Could you try hitting from a non-localhost IP, this historically does
not work in spacewalk and I don't recall that changing anytime recently.

Cheers,

Devan

- --
  Devan Goodwin <dgood...@redhat.com>
  Software Engineer     Spacewalk / RHN Satellite
  Halifax, Canada       650.567.9039x79267