On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:47:23 +0100
Jan Pazdziora <jpazdzi...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 09:46:07AM +0200, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
>
> Please create Spacewalk client yum repo in koji.rhndev.redhat.com and
> move the following packages from the Spacewalk server yum repo to it:
>
> > rhcfg*
> > rhn-custom-info
> > osad
> > rhn-applet-actions
> > rhn-custom-info
> > rhn-kickstart*
> > rhn-virtualization*
> > spacewalk-koan
> > rhnlib
> > rhnmd
> > rhnsd
> > rhn-check
> > rhn-setup
> > yum-rhn-plugin
> > koan
> > spacewalk-certs-tools
> > spacewalk-koan
>
> Thank you,

Hi,

I have an idea how to do this. If we don't want to split koji tags
(which I think would be an overhead) we need to specify somewhere the
lists of packages which would go to which repository. I'd prefer to use
comps files as these lists. We take a similar approach for Satellite
where there are two separate comps files for Satellite and EmbededDB.

Next step would be to force mash to take into account only those
packages specified in comps. This would need to patch mash to add this
feature.

How do you like this idea?

Another question is where to store the comps files? I'd prefer to use
http://cvs.devel.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/comps/?cvsroot=RH-Devel
for consistency with another products.

Thanks for any comments.
Jan