----- "Miroslav Suchý" <msu...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 04/19/2010 03:43 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>  > We have in the past,  and it wont get support for most of the life
> of
>  > 1.0
>
> We done it *once* in past. But not always.
> For F-12 we built packages month after release.
> For F-11 month before release.
> For F-10 three month after release
> And even if we did it only once ... I do not think it was wise
> movement.
>
> And F-11 will be supported for more then 2 months, but we are
> releasing
> Spacewalk now.
>
> >> Commiting this changes 3 hours after sending this proposal is not
> >> enough. IMO. I reverted this commit in master.
> >> I leave fate of you commit in SPACEWALK-1.0 branch in hand of
> release
> >> nanny and on the opinion of others.
> > I find that to be unacceptable.  Adding back F-11 would be ok but
> just
> > reverting is downright rude.
>
> This comes to two thing:
>
> a) do we want to build F-13 packages on beta? Unless we have some tool
>
> for rebuild after F-13, I'm strongly against it. It can broke
> functionality later if not rebuilt. We can discuss it, but until
> majority agree, I think we should not add it. Or unless it is
> released.

Actually, I'm not strictly against it.
If spacewalk would be built for F13 just simple as by the Dennis'es commit,
that's cool! Not sure, how many people would need/test/work with it, but ok.
If there's more time necessary to spend for this task, I most probably wouldn't
do it now. Nothing pushes us to do it right now and there's too much of code,
dependencies, ... that might change from today's F13 to the final version. So,
why to invest the time now and most probably also later on, if we can spend it
just once?
We'll support F13 anyway! No worries! :-)

> b) do we want to remove support of F-11, when it has still 1/6 of its
>
> life remaining? Again we can discuss it, but removing it now would cut
>
> off those who are still using F-11.

I'd definitely keep the F11 builds. At least until EOL of F11.

I agree with Dennis reverting is rude, but doing this change without any
previous discussions is also not really fair play.

My personal opinion:
- to write an email takes 5 mins
- discussion/email reply takes 3 mins
- to vote takes under 1 min
- to calm down when getting mad takes half a day ... or more?

:-)
Regards,
Tomas