On Monday 19 April 2010 10:53:39 am Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> On 04/19/2010 03:43 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>  > We have in the past,  and it wont get support for most of the life of
>  > 1.0
>
> We done it *once* in past. But not always.
> For F-12 we built packages month after release.
> For F-11 month before release.
> For F-10 three month after release
> And even if we did it only once ... I do not think it was wise movement.
>
> And F-11 will be supported for more then 2 months, but we are releasing
> Spacewalk now.
>
> >> Commiting this changes 3 hours after sending this proposal is not
> >> enough. IMO. I reverted this commit in master.
> >> I leave fate of you commit in SPACEWALK-1.0 branch in hand of release
> >> nanny and on the opinion of others.
> >
> > I find that to be unacceptable.  Adding back F-11 would be ok but just
> > reverting is downright rude.
>
> This comes to two thing:
>
> a) do we want to build F-13 packages on beta? Unless we have some tool
> for rebuild after F-13, I'm strongly against it. It can broke
> functionality later if not rebuilt. We can discuss it, but until
> majority agree, I think we should not add it. Or unless it is released.

> b) do we want to remove support of F-11, when it has still 1/6 of its
> life remaining? Again we can discuss it, but removing it now would cut
> off those who are still using F-11.
adding F-11 back is simple, I probably should have just kept it also

> So I decided that without prior discussion I want to have F-13 removed
> and F-11 added. Which leads to complete revert of your commit.
> Do not take it personally. If others will disagree with me, I will be
> first who will revert my own revert.
> I would like to ask others for their opinion.
You also switched master from building in the 1.1 tags to the 0.9 tags in your
revert.

> And there was one other reason, if you look on Koji:
> http://koji.rhndev.redhat.com/koji/tasks?state=failed&view=tree&method=all&;
> order=-completion_time Your step has as consequence completely overfilled
> koji with failing tasks. Doing such change on Friday is really not good
> thing.

None of those failures were any of my doing.  it looks like Shannon does not
have the proper permissions to do a build from SRPM.  I just now fixed his
permissions.

Dennis