On Fri, 20 Dec 2013, Maximilian Meister wrote:

> this patch would add a bootstrapified password strength
> meter to all pages where user details are being created or
> edited (create the initial admin user, create/edit normal
> users and create organization). There is also a tick icon on
> the side of the password input fields, which checks if the
> value in the desired password field will be accepted by the
> server and if the value in the confirm password field
> matches the value in the desired password field.

This seems to pull in new dependencies, doesn't it?  It is not
really clear to me that doing passwd strength testing here,
'one off' per package makes sense, rather than having a
general interface to query a facility that many packages
beyond just spacewalk could use

Also, how would this interact with non-local
authentication interfaces such as LDAP?

-- Russ herrold