On 01/07/2014 12:04 PM, Michael Mraka wrote:
I see. Then it should keep the original name so we can easily figure out
where it came from and replace it with newer version in the future.

Hi Michael,

the original name would be pwstrength.js (in 0.5.0). We decided to use the spacewalk- prefix to distinguish it for all JavaScript related to the password strength meter in one single file.

Which version of jquery.pwstrength.bootstrap was it? It doesn't match to
any pwstrength-bootstrap-1.0.X.js.

0.5.0

Is it possible to keep original pwstrength-bootstrap*.js unmodified and
put modification to the separate .js (call modified functions from the
page and call original functions from them)?

To keep the pwstrength.js library itself separate for easier update on a new version makes sense but has a few issues. I needed to change the library itself to make it work and look good for spacewalk. I had to change/add some generated html output (html tags, add css classes), some logic and css selectors. These are changes only make sense for spacewalk specific look and functionality.

Furthermore in 1.0.2 the pwstrength.js is now separated into 4 different js files.

Regards,

--
Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Maximilian Meister
SLE Systems Management

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5
D-90409 Nuremberg, Germany

http://www.suse.com

GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer, HRB 21284 (AG Nuremberg)