On 04/02/14 13:10, Michael Mraka wrote:
> Usability glitches:
> - date changes correctly accroding to localization but time is always
>   12 hour a.m./p.m. in any localization
I left this because it was like that in the current date picker. I will
improve this, but I have to first make sure the date picker object (Java
part) support this (if needed at all).

> - week starts on Sunday in all localizations
Fixed, I will include it in an updated patch.

> - clicking on calendar icon pops-up date picker but clicking on clock
>   icon doesn't pop-up time picker
Fixed by updating the library
> - calendar pops above picker, time pulls down
We could enforce this, but in general the direction is calculated on
available space, I guess this happens because the picker is at the end
of the page. Enforcing may have some nasty side-effects

> - if I click for the first time to date calendar doesn't highlight
>   currently selected date (it highlights always today)
The start date is today, and the calendar highlights today and the
selected date in different colors.
So I am not sure I understand what is the problem here.

> - calendar should close when I click choosen date (or at least at
>   doubleclick)
Fixed, will go in next patch.

> Implementation:
> - What are fn.datepicker.dates arrays needed for? It looks like a kind
>   of localization but AFAIK bootstrap datepicker cares about
>   localization itself (language option).
That way instead of using the built-in locale files from javascript I
generate
the localization from the Java strings (Calendar). That way we don't
have to include the localization .js files and to track them for
translation.

> - bootstrap-datepicker / jquery.timepicker css and js should not be in
>   branding or web but in a separate package which is required by branding.
> - What's the benefit of combining bootstrap datepicker with jquery
>   timepicker over some bootstrap datetimepicker ([1], [2]) which does
>   both?

We tried different combinations of pickers. We all kind of agreed that
the combination of these two give you something very similar to the
Facebook picker which is a very good balance between easy and convenient
with the keyboard (you can still use it) from all the ones we tried.
Cynthia, our UX developer also agreed. So I would say we optimized more
the user experience than the packaging or the code.

bootstrap-datetimepicker is also an external library, combining two
pickers in one, but the date picker is not very nice. You can try it
yourself and you will see what I am talking about :-), also I suspect
Facebook also experimented a lot with their picker already. The second
one you linked is a bit better, though it forces you to go through the 3
steps.

Duncan