On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Michael Geier wrote:
> The attached email slipped under the threshold.
>
> However, something caught my eye. Generally, the from: domain and the
> reply-to: domain don't match on spam.
>
> Maybe we could compare against that?

For the love of god, NOOOOOO!

It's bad enough the number of people out there who *already* believe
that "Reply-To" means "From", then get offended when people obey the
reply to and send responses only to the sender.

Making this change will make it impossible to:

1) work with broken mailing lists that set reply-to to the list.
2) people who *need* reply-to to get any response[1]
3) people who want to control where email replies are sent.

        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Which do exist, even if you haven't seen 'em.

--
Increasing numbers of private-sector companies are discovering the
efficiency of hiring bright undergraduates or recent graduates and