On 27 February 2002, Mark Roedel said:
> Posix character classes (a la [:lower:]) were apparently introduced in
> Perl at v5.6.0.  Is there anything in particular that'd be lost by
> changing [:lower:] to [a-z] to maintain compatibility with the v5.0
> line?  (Otherwise, this rule throws out an error message that "Character
> class syntax [: :] is reserved for future extensions" for at least the
> version of Perl that's included with a base FreeBSD installation.)

Good point!  Production mail servers tend to be upgraded more slowly
than development workstations.  I'm currently maintaining SA on two
Linux machines, soon to be three; two are running Red Hat 6.x and one is
Debian 2.2 -- all of which have Perl 5.005 installed.  I know Perl 5.6
has been out for quite a while now, but I would like to see SA maintain
compatibility with 5.005.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                [EMAIL PROTECTED]