There is no freedom of speech issue here.  Freedom of speech issues arise
only when the government or an agent of the government is the party
attempting to prevent the speech from occurring.  Since ISPs are private
entities, they can refuse to accept email from anyone for any reason or for
no reason.

Even if there were a freedom of speech issue, unsolicited commercial email
is, by definition, "commercial speech," with is afforded less protection
under the U.S. Constitution.

-Peter Sachs, Esq.

At 03:18 PM 3/26/02 +0000, Smith, Rick wrote:

>How long do you think it will be until users of SA face the same
>consequences as the now infamous ORBZ case ?
>
>I'm sure that some lawyer out there could find a way to sue someone for
>running this package.

Tired of junk email?   Join SPAMFREE.NET for 99% spam-free email!

Contact Info:

Peter W. Sachs, Esq.
President/ICONN.NET
129 Church Street, Suite 508