The problem is that outgoing mail follows a different path.  I'm not
sure where you'd interpose the "add to AWL" bit on the outbound path.  I
guess if you know the SMTP server your MUA is sending through you could
implement it there; or if you send through a local sendmail, maybe you
could slip in there.  But then how do you know what user is doing the
sending (ie whose AWL to add to?).  I guess with authenticated SMTP you
might be able to tell.