Matt Sergeant wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 19:31, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:
> > The biggest problem with -S is due to the ordering of the rule checks.
> > If all of the negative rules (or at least the _large_ negative rules)
> > were processed first, it would probably be ok
>
> All the large negative rules *are* processed first, albeit still split
> into "header", "body", "full body", and "other" rules first.

Was this changed recently? Cause it most definately did not work for me
when I did a user preference to add a whitelist entry for a known spam
source. It got to the spam threshold very quickly and then terminated
checking. The moment I removed -S, the hits score jumped about 10+
without the whitelist entry, and when the whitelist entry was added, it
went down to -85 or so.

I don't remember if I tried it as a systemwide pref or not.

I wasn't using AWL, this was just a straight whitelist_from entry.

> I think Craig's latest update to change all the rules to unique subs
> (which was for running profiling on spamassassin) might actually turn
> out to work really well for this sort of thing, as we could completely
> run the rules in the right order.
>
> The only problem is things like AWL that don't have a static score.
> Those sort of things should probably be run first, but don't seem to be.
> And I can't remember why they aren't right now.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       EMail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]