> That's interesting, because I don't use the seekable patch...
>
> and, my vpopmail v5.2.1 configure settings are simply
> ./configure \
> --enable-defaultquota=10485760 \
> --enable-many-domains=n \
> --enable-logging=v
>
> I'm not quite sure what the seakable patch does, but information found at
> http://www.thesafebox.com/ suggest it has something to do with allowing
> multiple pipes in a .qmail-file ?
> I'm very unclear on what the seekable patch does and why it's needed (not
> only for this scenario, but for any scenario)...  Can you fill me in?

As far as I know, output from spamc isn't seekable (the ability for the
program to 'rewind' the input stream to the begining and process it again).
Typically, vpopmail's vdelivermail would return a 'lseek' error when the
output from spamc is piped to it.  Up until 5.3.7, you had to patch vpopmail
with the seekable patch from thesafebox.com so you could pipe the output
from spamc to vdelivermail.  In 5.3.7, Bill Shupp merged the seekable patch
into the source tree and added the configure option, with a default of 'y'.
I suprised your setup is working.

Dave