> On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 03:16:37PM -0400, Sunil William Savkar wrote:
>> However, Spamassassin itself does not have support for reporting spam
>> back to razor.
>
> Sure it does.

I guess what i meant is that before the reporting will work, I need to
have razor's report agents set up and also an account set up, right?

>> Thus, if I just want the benefits of the razor blacklists, I am set.
>> If I want to start to contribute, then I need to set up for sending
>> back information to razor...
>>
>> am I right or completely wrong?
>
> the latter:
>
> $ man spamassassin
>        -r, --report
>            submit the mail message read from STDIN to vari- ous
>            spam-blocker databases.  Currently, these are Vipul's Razor (
> http://razor.sourceforge.net/ ) and the Distributed Checksum
> Clearinghouse ( http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/ ).
>
>            If the message contains SpamAssassin markup, this will be
> stripped out automatically before sub- mission.  The support
> modules for DCC and Razor must be installed for spam to be
> reported to each service.

Again, you are pointing out that there is a little to do with respect to
reporting.  I am curious not about reporting, but the use by SpamAssassin
of the blacklists themselves. That is, out of the box does SpamAssassin
look at the razor blacklists without my having to do anythign or sign up
with an account with Vipul's razor?

I was suspecting that I would only need to do some setup for purposes of
reporting.

Out of curiousity, although there is a -r flag for spamassassin, what
about using spamd?  This maybe is not possible?  I did not see the -r flag
as being useful for that.

Sunil