Hi!

>>> "Cassandra Lynette Brockett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/02/03 12:42PM
>>>
> Personally not really liking rhat very much, I'd suggest another OS,
but for
> stability, so far 6.2 is the most stable of the rhat releases I've
played
> with, though 7.3 is a good runner up.  I'd give 9 a while (read
minor
> version or two) before trying it on anything but a test machine.

Rumor has it that there will be no 9.1.  With the new kernel due out
RSN, the next
version will be 10.  (Notice it was just RH 8 and it was not 8.0 and
then there was no 8.1 after it?)

I agree about keeping away from 9, it's mainly eye-candy stuff.  7.3 is
a good OS for me, though I'll be running 8.0 on any new boxes.

If you're into spending money to get longer term stability, I also run
Advanced Server 2.1 on my mission critical boxes.  The support really is
better (from RH anyway, don't EVEN ask me about Dell!) and it hasn't
changed anything that broke my apps in the year I've been running RHN
updates.

My $0.02.

-Michael