All I was mentioning was that 6.2 was the most stable of rhat I've used.  I
personally moved away from using rhat in production connected machines years
ago, however I am only one of two unix admins at my site, and the other has
not really had decent use of debian (my preference).  Both of us though
suggest 6.2 if you need stability more than you need features, and 7.3 if
you don't mind a compromise, though neither of us will use anything higher
on a production machine (we both have friends who used to work on the devel
teams at rhat, and after hearing their stories, we'll stick with a .2/3
release of the OS *grin*).  We are currently running rhat 7.3 on the mail
server here only because rhat will install to software raid (something that
debian still needs to add - hopefully it will be seen in the current testing
release shortly - neither of us like the idea of paying for software fixes
for a "free" os...).

It seems that there is more development of support tools for spamassassin on
debian, though there has not been setup a method to get spamassassin current
for stable or testing, so it has less accessibility to people running debian
stable with only security.debian.org added in... *sigh*  I would be willing
to provide a apt-get point for debian testing (I had to upgrade from stable
recently as the laptop which is my debian testbox has some hardware not
properly supported by stable at the moment, and I don't like compiling my
own kernels when someone else already has done a decent kernel package...).

Regards,
    Cassandra