>From Justin Mason:
| yeah.  I would probably add a new arg for "metadata headers", e.g.
|       (data => [EMAIL PROTECTED], add_From_line => 0,
|        metadata => { 'X-Envelope-To' => '<[EMAIL PROTECTED]', ... });
| which SpamAssassin just mixes in with the real headers internally.

Merging 'meta information' with headers may be ok as a quick solution
to take advantage of existing mechanisms for header processing,
but there are good reasons why p1 (envelope) and p2 (header)
information are two separate channels in mail transport.

For example, if some day envelope address could be used for
white/blacklisting, you would have to ensure that some X-Envelope-To:
inserted by spammer would not take precedence over the X-Envelope-To:
inserted by local MTA. It is not a clean solution to first merge
two independent channels into one, only to have to split them again
by some educated guessing algorithm.