On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:46:13AM +0200, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> If you compile your own (release >= 2.1.10, say) Openldap
> stuff, the opportunity is there to compile in an SQL/LDAP
> interface module that can be addressed using ODBC or other SQL
> drivers. It's generally reckoned to be horrible by the
> experts, since it slows down everything - but some people want
> it and use it. In that case, one would use an SQL backend such
> as MySQL, Oracle, ProgresSQL etc to interface with LDAP. This
> is *not* What Kristian is looking for.

Definititely not. Being a SQL person, I am familiar with
OpenLDAP and with the OpenLDAP LDAP to SQL mapping, as well as
several others, and you do not want to use them at all unless
for very compelling reasons outside of your project (i.e. your
boss threatens to fire you if you don't :-).

> To interface with LDAP proper, SA would have to have a
> comprehensive set of LDAP v3 modules built in. These already
> exist for Perl, and are documented.

They even work. I have used Net::LDAP in several projects
before, and found it to be stable and easy to handle.

Kristian