----- Original Message -----
From: "Kai Schaetzl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: [SAtalk] Non English Email

> Stuart Gall wrote on Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:10:27 +0300:
>
> > ok_languages it en
> > Would not affect italian or english email scoring, if you recieved
> > japanese email it would trigger the undesired_language rule.
> >

> That's just what I am saying. We were talking about Italian. "it" was
> missing from ok_languages, so he got mails tagged as spam just because
> they were Italian and got some score points for this. This is a "false
> positive". Now, after adding "it" to ok_languages he doesn't get any more
> points just because it's Italian, it's no more an
> "UNDESIRED_LANGUAGE_BODY", so he avoids *false positives*.

Maybe I missed the start of the thread, I don't think I did, but we seem to be in
agreement about how SA works which is the main thing..

I thought the OP had not use ok_languages at all ( i.e. he had the default which is
ALL) and someone suggested using ok_languages it en  to help with false positives.

If the op had ok_languages en say then for sure it will penalise Italian email.

My experience is with Hellenic email, where the language itself triggers some rules
unrelated to ok_languages (e.g. 8_bit_subject) which is what I understood was the
problem.

We are thrashing this out but the OP seems rather quiet, I hope he/she managed to get
things working one way or another

Stuart Gall
Systems Administrator