does anyone else have a need for finer-grained control over rbl
lookups?

i have a complicated dns setup in one installation that runs sa
on around 100k messages/day.

it's a typical split dns setup with one name server for the publicly
visible names (running bind 9), and another (microsoft on one of their
domain controllers) which contains all of the internal names, and
forwards requests for everything else outward.

(the reason the internal name server is microsoft is because of good
integration with dhcp and wins, they tell me, and because they need a
gui to operate it.  it takes too much energy to battle over this.)

but now what i want to do is run a local copy of an rbl on a local
name server, to reduce network latency and increase reliability,
and given the operational unpleasantness of microsoft dns on NT,
i don't want to put it there.

there doesn't seem to be a way to have sa resolve a specific rbl via a
specific name server.

has anyone hacked up launch_dnsbl_query or rbl_lookup to do this
sort of thing?

(hm... it looks like Net::DNS::Resolver looks for a resolv.conf in $HOME and
in ., which might be a really loathesome hack for accomplishing this by
configuration rather than coding...)