At 8/25/03 09:05 PM , Larry Gilson wrote:
I have not had much call to create custom rules.  I just started
experimenting with rules and I noticed that the rules were not checked
unless I first restarted spamd.  Is this normal?

Yes, this is normal. I understand v.2.60 can be given a HUP signal, like most other Unix daemons, and it will re-read its configuration files (including filtering rules). But 2.55 and before simply crash when HUPped; the only way to get them to re-read the rules is by killing and restarting them.

                                                --Kai MacTane
"Playing dead and sweet submission,
 Cracks the whip deadpan on cue."
                                                --Siouxsie and the