Dave,

Thanks for your input.  I have a better understanding now and agree with
you.  I was headed down the wrong road.

It would be nice to have an @foo.localdomain format.  That could be faked
too just like every other header field.  It would also be difficult to
expect every day dial-up/broadband users to configure their hosts correctly.
I guess I don't really care if the Message-Id is in a @foo.localdomain
format.  It should be sufficient to tie "Message-ID:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
to the first Received line.  But even that is a shaky check.  Message-Id
could be a good integrity check if the standard was adhered to better.

Thanks again Dave!

Regards,
Larry