On 10/14/03 08:28 AM, Leon Oosterwijk sat at the `puter and typed:
> All,
>
> I would like some feedback from you all on the following idea. What if
> spamassassin followed unsubscribe links for all emails that came through
> it's filter for emails that are obviously spam. This way people would
> automatically get unsubbed from some of these lists.
>
> Leon

I guess you've gotten the idea from other posts that this is an idea.
To confirm the legitimacy of these doubts, try this:

  Set up a pristine new email address, but DON'T GIVE IT OUT TO
ANYONE.
  Everytime you get a spam with an unsubscribe link, follow it and
unsubscribe this new pristine address.  Nevermind who the message was
sent to, I promise the unsub page won't care 99.999% of the time.
  Sit back and watch what happens.

I've heard of people trying this experiment and actually getting spam
within a few days of dropping these unsubs.  Even though the address
never appeared in a web page, newsgroup, or email message of any kind
- only in the unusb links.

Seems like a decent way to seed a honeypot address.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.