On 07 Nov 2003, at 08:29, Maarten J H van den Berg wrote:
Just being curious at how this system came about...

As I understand it by feeding millions of spam and ham messages to the filters and seeing what sticks.

Now, for your purposes, subjects with [word blacklisted by stupid list server] might be exclusively spam. They might not be exclusively spam for others. That's why you can override any score in your own cf file. If you want to score subject contains [word blacklisted by stupid list server] at 5.0, then do so.

--
Growing up leads to growing old, and then to dying/And dying to me don't sound like all that much fun.