On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, William Stearns wrote:

> Good day, all,

   G'day.

> My first attempt to do URI rules is at
> http://www.stearns.org/sa-blacklist/sa-blacklist.2003111402.uri.cf

   My, that's a big list.  And a whole lot of regexes....

>       Would someone be willing to just take a quick look and see if my
> approach makes sense?  I hate screwing up _other_ people's SA installs,
> and that's why I'm putting these in a seperate file until I'm comfortable
> with the results.

   It makes good sense, because you're "following the money" and
chasing the problem in that manner (domain names cost money, take
time to get, and may collide with other ones) I think is worthwhile.
That said, it's _terribly_ time-consuming in human terms to
maintain the thing.

   For the assembled group -- is it possible to do a DB lookup,
either in an eval() or some other mechanism, in a "uri" rule?
If we could do a DB lookup on URIs (or, more properly, the
domain portion of URIs) I think that'd be a win (at, of course,
the expense in human time).

   Cheers.