On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Carl R. Friend wrote:

>    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, David B Funk wrote:
> >
> > I've been thinking about that exact topic. The Bayes engine
> > already parses and tokenizes hostnames from URIs (the UD: tokens).
> > If there were a hash DB made with the spam-site hostname as key and
> > score,description as value (something like the sendmail access db)
> > then it should be pretty easy to take those UD: tokens and do a
> > lookup and add results to total score.
>
>    As near as I can tell, there's no current way for a rule
> to return a score -- they're boolean in nature.  That said,
> even that would be a win for looking up domains in URIs and
> whatnot.

I had assumed that it would need new code to support. That's
why I've been trying to figure out how the scoring code works.
(and trying to get the developers to notice this idea ;).

I don't think that it should be too hard to do, most of the
hooks are already there, but the devil is in the details. ;)

Dave

#include <std_disclaimer.h>