On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Ed Kasky wrote:

> At 08:56 AM Monday, 1/5/2004, Tom Meunier wrote -=>
>
> With bigevil.cf in /etc/mail/spamassassin, all I see that remotely relates
> to the file is the following:
>
>   spamd[22495]: debug: using "/usr/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
>   spamd[22495]: debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
>
> Any other way to monitor the file's effectiveness?
>
> Ed

Create a simple test mail message that contains a URL fabricated using
any one of the hosts listed in BigEvil.cf. Feed the test message to
"spamc -R" and look to see if the output report hits a BigEvil rule.

For example, I created a test message called 'test.txt' containing:

  From: bill
  To: bob

  http://bigmoneymarketing.com

Now I feed it to spamc:
  spamc -R < test.txt
  5.6/6.0
  Checker-Version SpamAssassin 2.60 (1.212-2003-09-23-exp) on server15.icaen.uiowa.edu
  Content analysis details:   (5.6 points, 6.0 required, autolearn=no)

   pts rule name              description
   1.9 DATE_MISSING           Missing Date: header
   0.6 TO_MALFORMED           To: has a malformed address
   3.0 BigEvilList_37         URI: Generated BigEvilList_37

Note that hit on "BigEvilList_37"

To see how a given rule hits, feed it to spamassassin with rule
debugging turned on.

  spamassassin -D rulesrun=255 < test.txt

Dave

#include <std_disclaimer.h>