Thodin wrote:

> I know of methods, but this post is a question about a particular method.
>
> If I have my name listed with a question mark after it, when you click on
> it, then it works fine, but I'm wondering will the ? prevent the spammer
> from gathering the name by an automated machine?
>
> It would look like
> (A HREF mailto="[EMAIL PROTECTED]?")
>
> The () would obviously be <>
>
> Would that question mark at the end prevent spammer's robots from gathering
> my email address?

Nope, the ' ? ' won't fool the spambot's a bit.

You *could* try obfuscating your email link but since spammer's use this trick
their bot's might be aware of it and properly read it.

There's a web page at http://www.cyberarmy.com/encrypt.shtml that has a box
that will obfuscate the tags for you.  I'm not connected with this site and
really don't know how effective it is - I discovered the page because of a link
in another thread.  But it *might* be worth a try.

hobo


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to