I dont' think that'll work since in some browsers the "?" is a
legit character there to add subject, cc, etc.. I have been told,
but never able to prove, that using a space (%20) will spoil
spiders reading names because they will pick up the %20 as a
literal, but the person clicking it as e-mail still works OK
since most browsers will ignore spaces.

Tom


"Thodin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9c5834$1km$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9c5834$1km$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
| I know of methods, but this post is a question about a
particular method.
|
| If I have my name listed with a question mark after it, when
you click on
| it, then it works fine, but I'm wondering will the ? prevent
the spammer
| from gathering the name by an automated machine?
|
| It would look like
| (A HREF mailto="[EMAIL PROTECTED]?")
|
| The () would obviously be <>
|
| Would that question mark at the end prevent spammer's robots
from gathering
| my email address?
|
|
|


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to