> Re: How do I keep spammers from gathering my email on a website
> From: hobo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>There's a web page at http://www.cyberarmy.com/encrypt.shtml that has a box
>that will obfuscate the tags for you. I'm not connected with this site and
>really don't know how effective it is - I discovered the page because of a link
>in another thread. But it *might* be worth a try.
Unfortunately, the obfuscated web page can be viewed only by a
javascript-capable browser, which the whole world does not yet use.
Granted that MSIE and Netscape are the most popular browsers, but they're
not universal--yet. For one thing, they require Windoze. Some people don't
have hardware big enough to support Windoze.
If you clutter your web site with javascript, you are guaranteeing that
users of Lynx, Arachne, etc., will never be able to see it.
See http://www.anybrowser.org for more info.
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help