At 10:48 PM -0500 4/30/01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>This is in here because I'm seeking advise on how to deal
>with it -- until we can stop people from stripping and harvesting
>email addresses and selling them to people - often times
>getting REALLY bad advise on how to market on the Internet
>then SPAM is going to just get worse -- judging from the amount
>of SPAM I've received in the past week - a whole bunch of
>people have bought these CD's because it's quadrupled in
>the past 2 weeks - I manage 15 domains so my spam is
>exponential -- I posted the content of what was posted so
>that someone could advise me - possibly the moderators,
>or people who have possibly experienced this before on
>how best to approach it...because it was NOT SPAM -
>it was posted on a list that is about referral marketing --
>I've already written the list owner - what *I* want to do
>is figure out how to stop the sites selling this garbage
>which wind up in our email boxes -- I'm sorry if it upset
>you - that was not the intent -- I'm just looking on how
>to get these sites blackholed when they have not
>actually yet sent the SPAM - because they are selling
>HOW to Spam.
>
>Lorri
How about a class action lawsuit against one of the CD publishers? Any
lawyers in the crowd? I consider that my email address is mine and that
when someone else sells that without my permission that just has to be
unlawful. At least it might be worth fighting in a court of law in one
country. Of course, people have the right to give bad advice and sell
garbage, that happens all the time in all fields, so I don't think that
could be legally argued.
If not a lawsuit, how about a way to contact the CD publishers to have
specific email addresses removed? Or perhaps there is an organization that
could accept email addresses not wishing to be spammed?
Jemel
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help