I'd love to be able to do spam and virus scanning within spamdyke,
before the connection is complete.  That would require spamdyke to start
SpamAssassin and/or ClamAV (or another AV) and capture their output.  It
shouldn't be too hard, since both of those programs are designed to be
run this way.

The biggest change required in spamdyke would be buffering the incoming
message.  Currently spamdyke doesn't do this, it only passes the traffic
between the network and qmail.  In order to scan the message, it would
have to save it (probably to a file) so it could first pass it to the
scanners, then pass it to qmail afterwards.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll add it to my TODO list for a future
version.